About this course
This 6 hour refresher course is only for participants who have previously completed the 12 hour within the last 3 years and are looking to refresh their qualification. You must complete the course within 28 days of your current certificate expiry date.
The refresher course is organised to ensure that skills required to carry out your roles and responsibilities effectively are maintained.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the paediatric first aider
- Understand vital signs in baby/child/infant
- CPR resuscitation baby/child/infant/Adult
- Assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant/child whois unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for a baby/infant/child
- Choking, external bleeding, nosebleeds
- Recognition of a head injury
- AED awareness