This course is designed for workplace First Aiders to update their First Aid at Work Certificate. Candidates may undertake this two day course up to 28 days after expiry of their existing certificate, otherwise they must attend the 3-day HSE course.Certificates are valid for three years and are HSENI approved.
- Updating skills and knowledge
- Bleeding and wounds
- Treatment of the Unconscious Casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Other specific conditions or injuries candidates think may be relevant to their workplace can also be covered
- Changes in First Aid protocols and procedures
- Delegates may also ask to cover any specific conditions or injuries they think may be relevant to their environment
Assessment of the course is through a written and a practical assessment by a Doctor and a senior trainer.
The duration of the course is two days.