This course is designed for teachers, Classroom Assistants and other staff employed in a school setting.
- Incident / Accident management, stocking and maintenance of first aid kits and incident reports
- Bleeding and emergency wound care
- Burns and Scalds
- Emergency treatment of choking; for both child and adult
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Alcohol and solvent Abuse
- Treatment of the unconscious casualty, both child and adult
- Hypoglycaemia in children with diabetes
- Anaphylaxis and use of Epipen
- Resuscitation (CPR), both child and adult
- Other specific conditions or injuries that candidates they think may be relevant to their environment, can also be discussed
Assessment of the course is on a continuous basis throughout the day, by the trainer.
This course is one full day or two half days duration.